If you want to know about NYADA and "Choke", keep reading this post, which was written on March 29.
Hi, folks! I am going through major Glee withdrawal, so I've been peeling my eyes for any information about the future. This is a post about spoilers. I suggest that you do not read it unless you want to hear about Glee spoilers. The long hiatus is finally on the verge of being over, and we are about to go on that long, final journey with the Glee seniors. We are about to find out:
- What happened to Quinn?
- Did Finn and Rachel actually end up getting married?
- Is Sue really pregnant? Who is the father?
- What are Kurt and Rachel singing for their NYADA auditions?
- Will Kurt and Rachel actually get into NYADA?
- Will New Directions win Nationals? (Ten bucks says yes.)
- What new tribute episodes and guest stars lie in wait to hijack the final few moments we have with these seniors? (Weren't we told they would be going light on the tributes and guest stars this year? What happened with that?)
- Why is there a huge dinosaur in some of the publicity stills?
OK, I left quite a bit of spoiler-free writing between the start of this post and now, so if you are still reading, I assume you want to know what's going on. All of this stuff can be found elsewhere, but I am going to try to compile it all in one place.
- First up - Quinn lives. As you can see from the linked photo, Quinn in a wheelchair she's been badly hurt, and is now getting a lot of expert support and advice from Artie, whether she likes it or not. They will be competing in a wheelchair race. Episode description for Glee 3X15. I want to know if she's still going to Yale.
- Sue gets some medical news that forces changes in her behavior. Yup, she's gotta be pregnant. I wonder if this is the evolution of a gentler, more human Sue? A more boring, less effective Sue?
- Did Rachel and Finn end up getting married? It's still inconclusive, but considering that Puck makes Finn a business proposal that could derail his plans with Rachel, I am going to guess that they do not - at least, not immediately. I hope Puck needs a drummer for his band. Drumming is easily the musical thing Finn is best at, and Puck needs something to anchor him so he doesn't end up dead or in jail. Michael Ausiello does tell us that Rachel and Finn's relationship will take an "unexpected but satisfying" turn in the season finale.
- In other pertinent news, Blaine feels horribly overshadowed by the celebrity brother we've never heard of, and there's at least one picture that suggests Kurt is a bit star-struck by this brother, named Cooper, whom is played by Matt Bomer. Matt Bomer on Glee Yes. His name is Cooper Anderson. Ha ha. Cooper is here to give New Directions acting lessons. He sounds like he's going to be about as helpful as Jesse was. While lecturing New Directions and intimidating his little brother, Cooper will also duet with Blaine on "Somebody That I Used to Know" and kiss Sue..
- The Seniors encourage their younger friends to join them in Senior Skip Day. Some portion of Senior Skip Day takes place at an amusement park. Lea clearly enjoyed doing these scenes. See pictures here.
"Big Brother" airs on April 10.
On April 17, we have the next unnecessary tribute episode that they promised us they would not do this year. It's called "Saturday Night Glee-ver". This photo shows the set for "You Should Be Dancing". Lea excitedly assures us that there will be lots of dancing.
On April 24, there will be ANOTHER tribute episode dedicated to cashing in on the death of Whitney Houston, in a cynical and opportunistic move that makes my skin crawl. The episode, called "Dance with Somebody", will include eight songs Whitney almost certainly sang better, according to Kristen, Rumor has it that Kurt gets a very big solo in this episode, a love song dedicated to Blaine.
The Big Scoop about NYADA:
Whoopi Goldberg (yet another guest star) is set to appear as a teacher at NYADA who comes all the way to Lima, Ohio to see Kurt and Rachel audition to get into the school. The NYADA arc will last for three episodes. I'd be more upset about this if Whoopi Goldberg was not so entirely and completely awesome. According to a series of tweets from Chris Colfer, Kurt has a huge, very exhausting musical number planned for his NYADA audition, and it includes a lot of high kicks. Lea says he killed it. But the suspense remains high: The May 1 episode is called "Choke." One of them is going to have a bad audition, and I'd bet money it's Rachel. Since it's a three episode arc, I suspect she'll be able to recover and get into NYADA anyway. However, that might explain why Lea tweeted that Kurt and Rachel will have another scene weeping beside the lockers.
Other assorted news:
- Puck will be meeting up with his estranged father, played by Thomas Calabro. There are leaked photos showing Puck on a motorcycle.
- I can't believe this, but Lindsay Lohan is going to overlook all the times she's been insulted on Glee and appear as a guest star. She's a judge at Nationals.
- Gloria Estefan will be in the season finale, probably as a member of Santana's family.
- That photo of the big Glee dinosaur that was floating around is connected to the Prom episode - Prom-o-Saurus. I would love to see if Class President Brittney dreamed this up.